Citrix XenApp Fundamentals is an easy-to-setup, wizard-driven, out-of-the-box remote access solution designed for small businesses. Using XenApp Fundamentals, businesses can provide their users secure access to Windows® applications and files, from anywhere at any time. Users experience seamless and consistent access to corporate applications, whether on the LAN, at a branch office, at home, or on the road-with just an Internet connection.
- Ensuring safe and secure remote access to any Windows application with just an Internet connection
- Centralizing application management to reduce costs and instantly deliver applications to users
- Simplifying configuration and management with intuitive, easy to use setup wizards and management console
- Delivering a seamless user experience from anywhere on any device, including Mac, thin clients and mobile phones
Features and Benefits
Access Applications Anywhere
- Fast application access – Applications are hostedcentrally in the data center and delivered via a high speed delivery protocol for instant access without the need for remote installation.
- Any device, anywhere – Users can access Windows applications with a consistent high quality experience from any client operating system or device – a desktop or laptop PC, Mac, thin clients and mobile phones.
- Browser-based access – Users experience fast, convenient and secure access to applications and corporate network files regardless of the type of connection.
- Safe and Secure Remote Environment – Assign access to specific applications and folders to role-based user groups, ensuring that the correct users connect to specific applications and data and that only screen updates, mouse clicks and keystrokes – not data – transit the network
- Encrypted delivery – Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption ensures that all application delivery communications are secure, even over the very public Internet.
- Multi-factor authentication – Strengthen logon security with support for variable token-based two-factor authentication.
Centralized Management Control
- Simple Configuration and Management – Automated step-by-step wizards take the guesswork out of configuring, personalizing and managing the remote access environment, with relatively little effort or training needed.
- Centralized updates and upgrades – With only a single application instance or image installed centrally in the data center, application and server updates and upgrades only need to be tested and delivered once. Rollback to previous version is simple and quick.
- Policy-based application publishing – Centrally control and configure rules for which users and groups can access each application and which peripherals (printers, USB, etc.) and data resources are available for accessing, saving and printing data.
- Session shadowing – View and monitor a user’s session activity on another device to expedite troubleshooting and improve end user satisfaction.
High Performance Experience
- Better than installed user experience – Virtualized applications deliver a high performance, high definition user experience for any device on any network – even for graphic-rich content.
- Accelerate application performance – Applications execute on servers in the data center without requiring specific device capabilities enabling any user to access resource intensive apps from any device.
- Seamless User Experience – Intelligent load balancing and active data center failover ensure continuous and reliable availability of applications to users while notifying administrators when any anomalies occur.