Citrix Branch Repeater™ VPX is a virtual WAN optimization solution that provides desktop and application acceleration to branch office, remote and mobile users. Branch Repeater VPX dramatically reduces hardware, energy and downtime costs while accelerating the ROI associated with desktop and application virtualization. Branch Repeater VPX delivers the same dramatic acceleration benefits as the physical appliance, reducing bandwidth consumption by up to 95 percent and supporting up to four times more XenDesktop and XenApp users on the existing bandwidth.
- Reduce IT networking costs by 40 percent with a powerful WAN optimization virtual appliance
- Accelerate all applications to branch and mobile users by up to 50 times and reduce bandwidth by up to 95 percent
- Optimize Delivery of XenApp and XenDesktop by supporting more users and applications with existing bandwidth
- Enable IT agility with flexible deployment options that support multiple hypervisors and bandwidth levels
Features and Benefits
HDX WAN Optimization
- Adaptive TCP flow control: Improves response time and maximizes network bandwidth utilization by optimizing the flow of WAN traffice to mitigate the effects of distance and impaired networks.
- Adaptive compression: Reduces bandwidth consumption by applying optimal compression and de-duplication techniques based on traffice type and network conditions.
- Adaptive protocol acceleration: Orchestrates with XenApp and XenDesktop to provide intelligent acceleration of the Citrix delivery protocol by sensing and responding to the network and traffic conditions.
- Traffic prioritization and QoS: Allows administrators to define rules that indicate which types of application traffic receive the highest priority.
- Accelerate any TCP application: Accelerates any TCP-based application including file transfers, email, ERP, CRM, CAD, data backup and replication, and more.
- Microsoft application fluency: Identifies and accelerates the most widely deployed and troublesome Microsoft applications accessed by branch and mobile users including File Sharing (CIFS), Exchange (MAPI), and SharePoint.
- Prioritize mission critical traffic: Aligns bandwidth utilization with business needs to ensure no change in application performance during periods of severe congestion.
- Maximize WAN throughput: Mitigates TCP performance penalties from network latency and packet loss while simultaneously reducing bandwidth consumption due to redundant WAN traffic.
Repeater Plug-in for Citrix Receiver
- Accelerated secure access: Interoperates with Citrix Access Gateway and other leading VPNs to optimize all TCP traffic within the secure tunnel and overcome the bandwidth and latency limitations of WiFi, broadband, and 3G connections.
- Simple user experience: Combines zero touch installation and configuration with automated software updates.
- Central administrative control: Provides head-end controls over Plug-in distribution and updates, default settings and use of local PC resources.
- Adaptive appliance offload: Automatically offloads acceleration and optimization to a local Branch Repeater if one is detected on the local network.
Flexible and Centralized Management
- Command Center: Enables network administrators and operations teams to easily take control of their entire Branch Repeater infrastructure from a single, unified console.
- Centralized administration and configuration: Offers one-click configuration replication and software upgrades across multiple appliances. Multiple conduits for day-to-day operation including a web-based GUI as well as a scriptable command line interface (CLI).
- System-wide monitoring and reporting: Generates real-time and historical reports to fully understand system-wide performance gains along with extensive alarm and activity information through the built-in GUI, logs, Syslog and SNMP traps.
- On-demand provisioning: Increases scalability, performance and availability with on-demand provisioning and de-provisioning of virtual appliances.
Plug-n-Play for Any Network
- Auto discovery: Automatically discovers remote peer appliances and plug-ins and includes application service profiles to instantly identify and optimize common enterprise traffic.
- Full network transparency: Preserves full TCP/IP headers, VLAN tags, and QoS markings requiring no changes to existing networking equipment, security devices and traffic monitoring tools (NetFlow/sFlow).
- Multiple deployment modes: Offers maximum flexibility with a choice of Inline, WCCP, or Policy Based Routing deployment.
You can install Citrix Branch Repeater VPX on any server running Citrix XenServer 5.5 or VMware vSphere Hypervisor (formerly ESX/ESXi) 4.1. The minimum requirements for the physical server include:
- 2 GB of RAM
- 100 GB of disk space
- 1 Gbps network adapter